Student S&C Camp 2018
June 5th-August 2nd
Take advantage of the summer break to harden the mind and body by attending Amarillo Strength & Conditioning’s summer strength and conditioning camps, designed specifically for student athletes. The demands of sports are vast and require a wide range of physical traits such as strength, power, speed, agility, and unrelenting stamina. Our Strength & Conditioning Program will be a comprehensive two-day per week program designed to emphasize all of the physical attributes that are important to student athletes and will be performed in a positive team-building atmosphere. Participants will also receive advice and instruction on nutrition, the importance of recovery, and the prevention of injury. All that is required of the participant is his/her motivation and a willingness to work hard. We’ll provide the equipment, instruction, programming, and RESULTS.
The Summer Strength & Conditioning Camps will be offered in two 4-week periods: June 5th-June 28th and July 10th-Aug 2nd. Classes will run Tuesdays and Thursdays 11:00AM - 12:30PM. Each class will begin with a group warm-up followed by barbell instruction and strength work. Roughly 25 minutes of each class will be dedicated to high intensity conditioning and/or speed training and agility work, followed by cool-down.
Course Curriculum will include:
- Traditional Barbell Lifts - Squat, Press, Bench Press, Deadlift, and Power Clean
- Bodyweight Movements - Pull-ups/Chin-ups, Handstand Holds, Basic Ring Work, Rope Climbing
- Dynamic Movement and Agility Work
- Proper application of a strength program
- Appropriate conditioning for sports
- Sports Nutrition, Recovery, and Injury Prevention
Participants must be 12 years old or older. Participants are expected to arrive on time and be dressed in appropriate workout attire.
Participants under the age of 18 years of age must have waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
Class Times: Tuesdays and Thursdays 11:00am-12:30PM
- Half Camp (4 weeks) - $165
- Full Camp (8 weeks) - $300
- Two Students - Half Camp (4 weeks) - $247.50
- Two Students - Full Camp (8 weeks) - $425.00
- Pro-rated Rates also available
Instructor: Heidi Coffman is a Certified Starting Strength Coach, Certified CrossFit Coach, Certified USA Weightlifting Sports Performance Coach, Certified Personal Trainer, and Competitive Athlete.